Assoc. Prof. Krzysztof ŻABA
AGH University of Science and Technology, Cracow, Poland, EU
Academic and Scientific Qualification
- 1996 MSc, AGH UST, Faculty of Non-Ferrous Metals;
- 2002 PhD, AGH UST, Faculty of Non-Ferrous Metals;
- 2013 DSc, AGH UST, Faculty of Non-Ferrous Metals;
- 2015 Assoc. Prof, AGH UST, Faculty of Non-Ferrous Metals.
At the METAL'20 conference K. Żaba will present an invited lecture at the session A.
- Sheet metal forming (incremental sheet forming, flow and shear forming);
- Welded tubes (stainless and coated steels);
- Tube drawing (steel and non-ferrous metals);
- Investment casting;
- NDT (thermography, 3D scanning, CT);
- Expert systems;
- Production engineering;
- Head of the Production Engineering Laboratory, AGH UST, Faculty of Non-Ferrous Metals;
- Founder and mentor of the student research group „Quality Improvement”, AGH UST, Faculty of Non-Ferrous Metals;
- Member of Materials Research Society;
- Member of American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics;
- Member of the Plastic Working Section of the Committee of Materials Science and Metallurgy of the Polish Academy of Sciences;
- Member of the Polish Society for Production Management at the Production Engineering Committee of the Polish Academy of Sciences;
- Member of the Editorial Board in the Research & Development in Material Science Journal;
- Member of the Editorial Board in the PLOS ONE Journal;
- Expert of The National Centre for Research and Development (NCBiR);
- Expert of The Polish Agency for Enterprise Development (PARP);
- Expert of The Polish National Agency For Academic Exchange (NAWA);
- Head of Scientific and Advisory Council in the Miner Company.
- 2 Books: K. Żaba: Modular system of quality prediction in the investment casting process, AKAPIT Press, Cracow, 2019; K. Żaba: The influence of Al-Si coating on the manufacturing process and quality of welded aluminized steel tubes, AKAPIT Press, Cracow, 2013;
- 1 Academic Book: K. Żaba, A. Mamala: Plastic processing non-ferrous metals: rolling and wire drawing: laboratory exercises The AGH UST Press, 2011;
- 15 chapters in an edited book;
- 70 original and review papers in journals;
- 120 proceedings of the conferences;
- 5 patents.
- 21 Projects founded by NCBiR in the aviation and automotive sectors;
- 62 Expertise for the aviation and automotive industry;
- 19 Implementations in polish and foreign industry.
- HUST, Hanoi, Vietnam;
- VŠB-TUO, Ostrava, Czech Republic;
- MUST, Ulan Bator, Mongolia;
- University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland;
- VIMLUKI National Research Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, Hanoi, Vietnam;
- THOMES e. K., Köln, Germany;
- Aluminum Factory Settlement, Nagaa Hammadi, Egypt.
- 2012 - 1st Prize in the 5th Edition of the SIMP Competition for "The Best Technical Achievement 2011" under the auspices of the Deputy Minister of Economy of the Republic of Poland;
- 2012 - The "Pioneers of Our Future" award for the development and implementation of "Expert System - investment casting process optimization", awarded by Pratt & Whitney Canada;
- 2009, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2018 - Prize of the Rector of AGH UST Cracow.